Freitag, 6. August 2010

Uni & Life

So this has been my first real uni week. After two preparation weeks before that, it was an interesting experience to be back to uni again and give up on the holiday life I had been leading so far.

It's been quite an intense week and since I overenrolled (thus, I took too many units) I was trying to visit as many classes as possible in order to find out which courses I can drop afterwards. The bad thing though is that I kind of ended up liking all of my classes, since they pretty much come down to what I picture me doing after uni - advertising, marketing, event management, pr, international management... I guess I will have a pretty hard time figuring out which units to keep and which ones to drop, but I will have to decide on that very soon and drop out of the other courses by the end of next week.

So what has been going on?

Apart from my classes and the ultimate challenge of actually locating and finding them IN TIME I was pretty busy trying out the group fitness classes offered by the university and I really enjoy them so far. The range is quite noteworthy and it is a lot of fun to go to the stadium and just work out a little. Most of all, I like zumba which is a kind of dance workout. It's just incredible fun and you don't even realize that you're working out (well... at least not until after the class, when you become aware of your muscles ;) ). I will definitely keep that up :) Also, this week was the first big night at the tav which is a good location to grab something to eat during the days and the ultimate party location on wednesday nights. Awesome. Even though I could not stay long since I had to be up for my morning lecture on International Management on Thursday at 8 am I really enjoyed the evening as you simply meet so many people. You can't even get around having fun.

Maybe at this point I should bring up my classes again. Apart from the fact that quite a look of very expensive books are required (I was lucky to find all of them in the library, so far and thus got around the buying) I really like the lectures here. No matter which class I really feel that the professors are putting a lot of effort into the teaching, that they really identify with the subject and they WANT you to be part of it and get involved. And that's a great thing even though it does also mean a considerable amount of work (which I am going to start working on TOMORROW... :) ). Also, with all the clubs and possibilities on campus people just stay on campus all-day chilling and reading in the sun, grabbing some coffee or simply wandering about and I love that Aussie lifestyle. Very social! The class I will probably I have the most fun with is called Australian Studies, aiming at familiarising us international students with the Aussie life and culture.

Two more things before I get going and enjoy my day at the Scarborough beach:

1) I really do seem to attract bad luck - my laptop seems to die very slowly here and I just found out 10 min ago that it doesn't let me recharge the battery anymore so I might actually have to buy a new one here :X

2) We finally managed to come up with a group of people (8 so far) and a list of places to see for our first roadtrip up north in the tuition free week. IT'S GONNA BE LEGEN... - wait for it - ...

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen